[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=12286860″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”true” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” ]
Poverty Line and Minimum Wage
How blessed you are not on the poverty line. Count your blessings. Show recap:
- As of today, minimum wage is $11.40. This is absolutely utterly ridiculous, is this not? Ridiculous and depressing.
- Our government over here in Ontario is raising it to $15 by 2019, which is good, well, it’s better.
- People at this place where I buy my $2 coffee make $435 a week.
- After they pay taxes, they make $373.
- Is that not insanity? $1492 per month for 4 weeks.
- The Poverty Line in Ontario, according to the website is $19,930 for a singe adult.
- Honesty, I cannot imagine what it would be like to work 37.5 hours a week. There is the additional time of preparing to go to work, getting there and going home, so it could essentially make it 9 hours a day…..I can’t imagine how lousy that must feel.
- How can we possibly value people’s time this way? It’s completely nuts.
- I don’t understand how we can de-value people’s precious time…their lives.
- It’s almost like society punishes people because of their circumstances.
- If you were born into a low income family, the odds are against you.
- Maybe you break free of the low income cycle? If you don’t, then you stay there, simply because you were born into it.
- This is the rest of your life.
- With this, you are not born into a situation where your parents are able to offer you an enriching life, so, you never achieve your potential.
- You get stuck.
- Realize how lucky you are.
Another Interesting Episode
Non-Virtues of the Mind
Photo Courtesy of