[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=12293966″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”true” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” ]
Our caring planet cares for us. Do you care for it? Show recap:
- A couple of days ago, I took my daughter to an IMAX showing of a documentary called A Beautiful Planet.
- The movie was shot from the International Space Station.
- It was neat, impressive, and visually stunning.
- Our planet is quite beautiful.
- My daughter, however, did not like this movie.
- The movie’s theme was about how attractive the earth is, but at the same time, it was about destruction and the harm that humans are doing.
- They were specifically talking about the ice shield and glaciers melting at an alarming pace.
- At this continued rate, the sea levels will rise, and they gave an example how the entire city of New Orleans will be submerged.
- I was disappointed that she did not enjoy the nice things about the film, but at the same time, I am glad that she has some awareness of the planet.
- My wife and I try to be the best role models for conserving energy, reusing, or recycling.
- My wife is a rock star in this area.
- It’s amazing how none of this stuff is in our mind.
- Are we mostly focused on ourselves and our egos?
- I suppose when we are not self absorbed, we just try to entertain ourselves.
- I only ever hear about the state of the planet from scientists.
- No one else.
- I wonder if out planet is not so important because nurturing nature does not provide us with monetary wealth.
- Actually, doing it harm seems to create monetary wealth.
- We are an interesting species.
Another Interesting Episode
The Non-Virtues of Body